Thursday 16 July 2009

What can I expect from Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn ?

The promise is for great things from these social media.

Currently I use Facebook exclusively on a personal level to keep in touch with my social colleagues and friends.

Linked In and Twitter I use at a professional level to create exposure for my business. I've been registered on Linked In for a while but only really started updating it over the last 3 months. The others are much more recent.

I enjoy the experience of adding updates and interacting even though I find some of the questions difficult to engage with.

I wonder what return is probable? Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, I have found all useful in terms of exposure. One lesson I learnt about linkedin is that it can't replace offline networking. A man called me up on the telephone to ask if we could connect, we are now due to meet each other face-2-face.
    Twitter seems to be a full time job so shelved it.
    Facebook has worked well with my Utility Warehouse business in terms of being able to offer people I know a valuable consumer service.
    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete